Image Map

Saturday 29 August 2015

what's been going on recently


1. It's August, which means meant a whole month of no school for me! My holidays have been pretty chilled, which I suppose will be much needed with a hectic exam year ahead of me. Sleeping, Netflix binging, eating, hitting up the gym and occasionally being sociable.
2. Billy Elliot. WOW. If there's one reason to go to London, it is to head to the West End and watch Billy Elliot Live The Musical. Compared to Wicked and Cats, it is quite frankly on a whole 'nother level. However, I am still desperately trying to understand how kids that young can be so talented?!
3. Holiday. Hence my absence. Yes, I have just returned from the beautiful town of Nerja, near Malaga, Spain. I had such a lovely time, even worked up a bit of a tan, so be sure to expect holiday photos soon.
4. Taking photos on a more professional level. I've always known I have a passion for photography, like my DSLR camera is one of my most prized possessions. Yet, when my mum suggested to me to take it upon myself to get a good couple of shots to be framed in our house, I turned it into a really serious job to find that my passion quadroupled within a matter of minutes.










I suppose any photo looks better printed and framed, but I really enjoyed taking a variety of different shots. (The ones above are what I'm talking about!)
5. Desperately trying to figure out a new interior design for my room. Do you ever have those miserable days when you are seriously opposed to your bedroom? Well, let's just say I'm having one of those days, but it has lasted for several weeks instead. I think my walls may need painting as well as my furniture, and hopefully this will change my love for my bedroom seeing as I don't have a few hundred pounds to spare on new furniture!
6. Crying every time I walk into my local Topshop as everything is so cute and I am so broke. Bit of a random one, but it is completely relevant and true. Which leads me onto my next point...
7. Crying because I don't have a job. But not to fret, because my conscience constantly reminds me that I'm only 15, and that's something to worry about when I turn 16. Oh stuff it I am speaking a load of crap, I am in need of a job in order to make much more regular, cute Topshop purchases!
8. One word. Netflix. (Congrats on making an appearance twice in one blogpost). No one will understand my devotion to Pretty Little Liars, EXCEPT THE SEASON SIX SUMMER FINALE EPISODE WAS A COMPLETE COCK UP! Seriously, who else is with me on this? Follow me on twitter (@heyitshannaah) to hear me ramble on a little more with my PLL theories and thoughts!
9. Every day in the holidays I've done exercise, and I am bloody proud of myself for doing so. Whether that be extra tennis or going to the gym, I've made sure I can use my couple of hours of completed exercise as an excuse when I am sat in bed with a whole packet of biscuits watching more Netflix. *third appearance*
10. I promise I didn't intend on a post full of self promotion, *squeals* but I have recently changed my instagram feed up. For years and years I was reluctant to stop with my extremely white and bright theme, but then I became a bit of a sight-seeing savvy and started uploading pictures of pretty interiors and exteriors. To see what I mean follow me here, or search me by my username, @heyitshannaah.

What has been happening in your lives recently?

18 comments:

  1. I LOVE this post, your personality really comes through haha! Seems like you've had a lovely summer and oh my your photography is amazing<3 xx

    www.monochromeroses.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, I suppose it is more of a chatty, personal post, which I am not used to doing, so I am glad you enjoyed reading it! x

      Delete
  2. Great post, im a fan of netflix too =]

    emyii90.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photos are so pretty! I would love to get some of my photos framed and put on the wall! I also totally relate to the whole topshop thing :)

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think its almost been 2/3 weeks since the PLL Summer Finale and i am still mad!! I know how you feel :')
    www.jordanalouise.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally agree, that PLL finale was something alright! I feel like they just dumped everything in less than 20 minutes. It was overwhelming lol

    Great post! :)

    x Arwa
    http://cremerose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. These photos are great! It sounds like such a fun and colourful august :)

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice post :) Kiss from France, Sand.

    FRENCH GOES BACK TO SCHOOL on my FRENCH BLOG:
    http://www.taimemode-fashionblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. The photo of the cat is so so good I love it! Great post I'm so sad that summer holidays are coming to an end too.

    http://www.abigailalicex.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh very beautiful pics darling
    xx

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you had a lovely summer, your photos are beyond gorgeous. Which camera do you use if you dont mind me asking, I'm in need of a new one.

    Olivia // BLONDE LA MODE

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wish I can have Topshop in my country too :(

    www.aishettina.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post, your photos are very pretty! I completely understand about your Topshop point haha, I keep going in and want to cry because the stuff is so nice! Would love if you could check out my recent fashion post? :)

    The Fashion Road

    ReplyDelete
  13. It seems like you've had a really great summer! And how did you manage to exercise every day?? I've barely been out on runs this summer, I find that I just completely lack fitness motivation during summer. Also, I'd love to see more of your photos, those were really great!

    theamandaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I love PLL too (:
    Nati xx
    www.simplyartdicted.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow I can't believe how talented you are for your age! You go girl ^_^
    gorgeous professional photos, I bet your mum was super happy with those!
    Iqra |The Blushing Giraffe x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great Post! I hope you had a great time in Spain!
    I share your love for photography, my DSLR is my baby too!
    And props to you for exercising regularly I just can't get myself to do it :(

    I love Netflix too, I actually have a series on my blog where I post my Netflix recommendations every month, you might like to check it out if you're looking for new stuff to watch :)

    www.rosegoldheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your lovely comments!

Please don't leave anything like 'follow for follow' or a two word reply, but if you leave your blog link I'll make sure to check all your gorgeous blogs out :)